Success at work and beyond
To us, being an employer carries responsibilities beyond the workplace. We believe we can have a positive influence on three facets of a team member’s life: professional career, personal life and community service.
Our commitment to our team members is reflected in our workplace policies, which range from diversity and inclusiveness to ethics, respect and labour relations. Our goal is to be an employer of choice offering team members possibilities to:
- Foster collaborative networks of diverse, skilled team members
- Drive results and innovation in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Create work life flexibility and personalized benefits
- Participate in a voluntary employee share plan to encourage savings, ownership and participation in the success of TELUS
- Be part of an exciting and learning-focused culture
- Make a difference for our customers, our team, our community and our environment.
We invest in our team members with a variety of career and leadership development programs, including classroom learning, mentoring, webinars, online learning, wikis, blogs and other social media tools. Our volunteer Diversity and Inclusiveness Council assists in developing programs that promote diversity and fair opportunity. We provide a range of health and safety programs, reporting safety statistics quarterly to the Human Resources and Compensation Committee of TELUS’ Board of Directors. Where a collective agreement is in place, joint management and union committees provide additional guidance on health and safety matters.
We measure our success in providing a welcoming, safe and professional workplace through indicators such as team member engagement, return on learning, access to and participation in a range of wellness programs, attrition rates, work time lost due to workplace injury and team member participation in our community giving and volunteerism programs. For details about our employment practices, visit the Team members section of this report.