Optimizing our supply chain
Over the past two years the TELUS team has made significant strides in transforming our procurement and supply chain operations and we are committed to becoming best-in-class.
At TELUS, we pursue strategic alliances that complement our core skills and provide groundbreaking innovative next-generation solutions for our customers. We form alliances with organizations that share the TELUS vision and deliver superior customer experiences including world-class technology. These alliances are with partners with whom we have formalized long-term agreements, active cross-enterprise initiatives, tight linkages to our strategic direction, business relationships that extend beyond TELUS' core competencies and incorporate shared risk and win/win benefits to be realized.
We examine five areas of focus when rating potential alliances:
- Strategic fit: is there alignment to the strategy - data/IP/wireless?
- Commercial fit: can the alliance create significant financial value? Is it a long-term player?
- Technical fit: can the products/services be easily defined? Is there clear scope?
- Cultural fit: can all parties agree to the collaboration/decision-making process?
- Contractual fit: can all parties agree to legal terms? How is liability assigned?
Benefits of being in a strategic alliance include the ability to deliver technological advantages, access to new revenues, improved operational efficiency and cost-effective solutions.
We took major steps in 2011 by launching our Supplier Code of Conduct and Supplier Diversity programs to advance our commitment to adhere to environmental and social responsibility standards. For further details please see the supply chain section of this report.