We believe that engagement is about strengthening the spirit and capturing the minds of team members in a way that contributes to our overall business performance. An engaged team is realized when our team members truly believe in and are proud of the company they work for, and see a strong connection between their daily contributions and TELUS’ success.
We can build more productive workplaces and create stronger connections with our customers and communities by leveraging our passion for growth. We do this by:
- Soliciting suggestions for improvement and measuring the impact of past programs through our annual Pulsecheck survey and a survey of senior leaders on human resources practices
- Hosting team member forums that encourage collaboration on topics such as leadership and engagement
- Working with union leaders from the Telecommunications Workers Union (TWU), Syndicat Québecois des employés de TELUS (SQET) and the Syndicat des agents de maîtrise de TELUS (SAMT) unions through the Common Interest Forum
- Engaging union representatives on topics such as employment equity and health and safety
- Offering business process improvement programs to leverage the knowledge and passion of our team
- Providing social media tools such as wikis, blogs and video sharing, enabling team members to more effectively collaborate throughout the organization.